If you can believe it, it’s already 2019! Time definitely flew by!
Reflecting back on 2018, it was actually quite the year. A lot of big things happened at work. I traveled to Disney World. I also had a fantastic year of reading. I hit my Goodreads goal! (I’ll recap my 2018 reading in a later post.) 2019 is already shaping up to be a busy year. I have a lot of work projects coming up. There are a lot of book releases I’m excited for. (Including Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. Quite possibly my most anticipated release.) 2019 is my high school 10-year reunion. (GASP! I feel old now.) I’ll also be going on my first cruise ever! Lots of big things are happening.
As with any new year, January is always a good time to set some new goals. In terms of all things bookish, I hope to accomplish all of the following:
- I want to read 52 books for my Goodreads challenge. (Note: I don’t include rereads on Goodreads. So I want to read 52 new books.)
- I want to read at least 12 of my overdue NetGalley eARCs. It’s really time I tackle my horrendous backlog.
- I want to socialize more in the bookish community through blogs and social media. This would be a fantastic time to add me on my social media platforms by the way! I most frequently go on Twitter and Instagram. Please be my friend!
- I want to listen to more audiobooks.
- I want to continue using my library instead of buying all the books. Adulting and paying bills are hard guys…
That’s it! I think they’re all achievable goals. I’m most worried about my NetGalley goal. (I know… It’s very sad…)
January Anticipated Releases
Bringing it back to January, let’s discuss my most anticipated book releases! I’m apparently craving some contemporary reads.
2. Famous in a Small Town by Emma Mills (01/15) – I enjoyed reading First & Then by Emma Mills (Goodreads review here), and I’ve had every intention of reading all her books since then. Sadly, I have yet to do so. This, however, is not stopping me from wanting to read Famous in a Small Town. Plus, with an ice cream shop called Yum Yum Shoppe, it has to be good, right?
4. Come Find Me by Megan Miranda (01/29) – I absolutely LOVED The Safest Lies. I enjoyed Miranda’s writing and the thrilling plot. I’m really loving the synopsis for Come Find Me.
January Releases I’ve Already Read
I absolutely love Brenda Drake’s Library Jumper series. I was very excited to dive into her upcoming release Analiese Rising. You can find my full review here. In short, I found Analiese Rising to be a page-turning YA fantasy that mixes a lot of different mythologies.
Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the holidays. Let’s chat! I’d love to know all about your goals and plans for 2019 as well as your most anticipated releases! Leave a comment or find me on social media. Happy reading!